Cranbourne Golf Club is a vibrant, active and forward thinking Club, priding ourselves on delivering great service and a great product to our Members and Guests, whether it be in the Bar, Kitchen, Pro Shop, Administration or on the Course.
So if you are a motivated person with great enthusiasm, and most importantly, a big smile and you wish to work in a proactive, supportive, happy and rewarding environment, please feel free to forward a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct it to the appropriate department.
Currently Hiring – Head Chef
We are seeking the services of an enthusiastic Head Chef who will contribute to ‘providing a great Member experience’ and lead our small kitchen team in a friendly and enjoyable working environment. They will have high standards and exhibit great pride in their work at all times.
The day-to-day operations involve creating, costing, preparing and cooking ‘bar meal and snack’ type dishes for our Members, Visitors, and Guests, interwoven with managing the food aspects for our Functions and Events, including Seminars, Celebrations, Weddings, Corporate Golf Days and more.
Reporting to the House & Events Manager (and also working closely with the General Manager), the successful candidate will possess & display the following:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Chef
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong experience in managing menus & food costs
- Exposure and experience in a busy kitchen environment with functions
- Ability to implement & follow strict HACCP standards
- Strong Food Preparation and Presentation skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment and also autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet service & preparation deadlines
- Strong communication, Planning and Organisational skills
- Will lead by example, acting with honesty, integrity and fairness at all times.
- Champion a positive culture in the Kitchen and across the entire Club
- Flexibility in working hours including weekdays, weekends & nights
- Minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery qualification or equivalent
You will receive remuneration as salaried employee, at or above the Registered Club Award rate.
Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only candidates successful in securing an interview will be contacted by the Club.